roybelding
roybelding,
3506196

Low Voltage on 2002 Venture Mini Van.

Customer Question

2002 Venture Mini Van has low voltage. The timing light shows spark tested fuel pump relay turns off and fast voltage to the 2 wire in the fuel pump wire block show 1/2 volt battery shows 12 volts.
The car has 143,000 miles.Just bought the car had it towed to the shop for a new battery started when they pulled it out off the shop then died. Disconnected the battery and beat on the gas tank and finally started. Turn ignition back on crank no start. No crank, no start battery. Was lose negative and block corrected hasn't started since.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  roybelding replied 24 days ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you.
Please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.
The first thing I would do is check the fuel pressure. There is a valve you can check it at by the power steering pump. If you do not have a tester, you can rent one at a parts store.
As far as the pump, key on, engine off, it will only run for 2 seconds. That is normal.
Roy