Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I was getting ready to park my BMW 225xe Hybrid automatic

Customer Question

I was getting ready to park my BMW 225xe Hybrid automatic into the garage. I had just got it lined up and put it into the garage. I put it into P (so I could open the garage door.) and it reversed into my garage. It was snow ice on the ground minus 4 and I have winter tyres. I do not understand why?When closing it earlier today the car started to tut and the front lights flash.
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: The headlights I was out of the car the car was stationary. Later when I was going to park it in the garage and it stood in P it reversed into the garage breaking the back wind.
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: It is 2016
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will get the window replaced on Friday. The small scratches will need to wait. But I do not understand why this happened. The car cameras back and sensors for parking.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just wondered if there is a connection between the cold and the electronics?
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Steve replied 23 days ago.
Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.
what question did you have about this? what information were you seeking?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Why did my car reverse when in the position Park?
Expert:  Steve replied 23 days ago.

hi, unfortunately I wont be able to call you, only communicate on here.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Hi Can you answer my questions
I just wondered if there is a connection between the cold and the electronics?
Why did my car reverse while standing stationary and in park?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
My car is a BMW 225xe hybrid automatic and is only 5 months old. There has to be some reason Why it continued to reserve when put in park?
Expert:  Steve replied 23 days ago.

what exactly is the electronics issue? It is not clear above. I am clear that the car reversed, but I am not sure what about the electrics you are referring to. can you please detail everything out and then explicitly list your questions?