Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My peugeot 207 roof is stuck opened half way, 2012, Yes I've

Customer Question

My peugeot 207 roof is stuck opened half way
JA: What year is your 207?
Customer: 2012
JA: Are you fixing your 207 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I've tried to open the locks manually and failed to
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No please just help me
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
The locks of the roof locked before they had ruched the End and they cannot be opened by the controllers
Expert:  Pete replied 25 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can be caused by one or more faulty roof position/limit switches needing replaced.I have seen this before.Your model will use a few of these and any one of them can fail causing the locks to engage when they shouldnt have.What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out with a compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers.Any codes set will need to be diagnosed to help locate and correct this issue here.The scan tool can also help monitor the limit switch/sensors to locate one or more at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete