Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 2008 Audi Q7. the MMI bootup logo appears and then

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Audi Q7. the MMI bootup logo appears and then goes out. Have tried the reset procedure you describe but no difference. Any ideas?
JA: Are you fixing your Q7 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, it s my vehicle. I have only tried the reboot procedure with three fingers.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Audi Q7 2008
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not really
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the reset did not work and the logo shows up then turns off this indicates an internal fault in the control head/unit itself needing either reprogrammed by a dealer or replaced to correct this here.In some cases a dealer can reprogram it to correct this but in some it does need replaced if it already has the current programming installed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete