Enes
Enes, Volvo Technician
Experience:  15 Years Volvo Master Mechanic
20168386

Second opinion] - 2003 volvo s80 automatic full service

Customer Question

Second opinion] - 2003 volvo s80 automatic full service history has 2 messages
ENGINE SERVICE REQUIRED
HIGH EMISSIONS SERVICE REQUIRED
any help/ideas please
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 29 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and correct this issue here.These messages are telling you that there is a fault with the emissions system components since they are both coming on at the same time.There are multiple components that can cause this here and this is why the codes need read out to help locate and correct this issue.I have seen issues with a catalytic converter or exhaust filter cause this fault as well as a component like the EGR valve needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Enes replied 28 days ago.

what are you fault codes from scanner ?