Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Have a Ford Fiesta Ghia 1.4 (2004 model). Car engine runs

Customer Question

Have a Ford Fiesta Ghia 1.4 (2004 model) . Car engine runs rough especially during winter months . Engine management light flashes and disappears after about 30 seconds or just displays on dashboard - had codes P0300 , P0304 and P0351 diagnosed - car doesn't start during cold mornings and nights despite dealer having alternator and starter motor checked (battery was changed 10 months ago)
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Had those checked as well. No issues there .
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Ford Fiesta Ghia 1.4 (2004)
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Got the codes diagnosed by a mechanic - I did get coil and spark plugs changed but no effect whatsoever after initially car ran well for about a week
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No nothing else , apart from engine running rough, occasional smell of fuel when starting though some days it doesn't happen at all, and frequent non starting issues in cold weather (when car ignition turns and then cuts out within 2 seconds) - just need to know if someone can tell me what issue us and also will I get a quote for the job or just a recommendation report?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Hi .

Going from the malfunction codes you have a problem with the ignition coil .

this will cause the P0300 and P0304 which is a Misfire code and grand misfire on 4th cylinder .

I would start by doing a ignition tune up first by replacing spark plugs and plug wires .

still getting the P0351 then i would check the wiring to the coil if good replace the coil .

Most case these coils point to the coil and coil wires to the plugs .

Do this and get back to med with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating this issue .
Kind regards Greg