sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I need the radio code for my Audi TT Mk1. The VIN is

Customer Question

Hi, I need the radio code for my Audi TT Mk1. The VIN is TRUZZZ8N241013971.
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: Hi, it's just the 4 digit input code to take the unit out of safe mode. Do I have to go to the dealer for this? I don't have a scan tool
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Audi TT MK1 year 2003 (53 plate)
JA: Are you fixing your TT yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm trying to input the code to take the radio unit out of safe mode as the battery was disconnected to carry out other repair work. I haven't however got the code as it wasn't provided when I purchased the car.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle and radio ownership is verified in person to release a radio or security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. Due to the length of time your question has been up without a response I believe that either no experts currently on the site have access to obtain the code or noone feels comfortable posting it here.

There are two things you can do. You can try http://www.radio-code.com to see if they're able to obtain the code. The other option would be to see your dealer with the serial and proof of ownership and they'll be able to give it to you.