Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Connection to Transmission Input Speed (RPM) Sensor G182,

Customer Question

Connection to
Transmission
Input Speed (RPM)
Sensor G182
JA: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Audi q7
JA: What year is your Q7?
Customer: 57
JA: Are you fixing your 57 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Brand new gearbox and Vave body
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: On the machine says now Connection to
Transmission
Input Speed (RPM)
Sensor G182
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect the wiring running to the transmission and see if any shorts or damage is found to the wiring at all needing repaired or replaced.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks will check the wiring
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Your welcome.If the wiring is checked and found to be o.k. there is a good chance this is an issue with the computer for the transmission itself as sometimes it can set codes like this here if it has an internal fault.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete