Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My Toyota Auris had clutch failure after 5170 miles. I have

Customer Question

My Toyota Auris had clutch failure after 5170 miles. I have driven this car since new in July 2015, and this is only the second clutch I have problems with in 50 years of driving. The first time was in 1976, after driving my VW Variant for 70,000 miles. The dealer is trying to say it is my fault. Any comments?
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: the clutch started slipping, then went completely
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: I had no problem changing gear.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: s a Toyota Auris, purchased in July 2015
JA: What year is your Toyota?
Customer: Bought brand new in July 2015, only done 5170 miles
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Toyota are trying to blame me, yet in 50 years of driving, I have not had a broken clutch, other than one which went after 70,000 miles
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would contact Toyota Customer service and let them know of the issue here and that the dealer is saying its your fault to see if they can contact the dealer and resolve this here.Usually this is the only option when the dealer is saying this is your fault here.If you need their contact into on this let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you rate at 8
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Your welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete