Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

How do i remove my lada niva's exhaust manifold downpipe?

Customer Question

JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 140 000Km - good
JA: What year is your Niva?
Customer: 2003-2004
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Lada Niva 1700 - carburator (4x4)
JA: Are you fixing your Niva yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, stays on a farm, have to!
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanx
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

If you have not inspected it for bolts that needs removed this needs done to see if you can locate these here.In some cases components like a drive line or support brace may need removed to remove this.If this is not an option or you cannot see how this is removed let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've checked that all botls are removed, on the intake and exhaust manifolds. Have also removed the bolts on the down pipe manifold. I must first remove the down pipe before the exhaust manifold can be removed, but the problem is that I can not remove the down pipe because there just is no space, the don pipe is pushing against the body works, and the is a starter cover connected to the down pipe that is also catching against the body so that the down pipe can not be manoeuvred. I do not want to remove the engine just to replace leaking exhaust gasgets.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete