Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

My Jeep wrangler 2008 ( year ) HOT OIL registered on the

Customer Question

My Jeep wrangler 2008 ( year )
HOT OIL
registered on the scren board ?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

The HOT OIL on screen refers to Transmission fluid getting overheated .

major problem with the jeep especially 06 07 and up Wrangler .You need to change the fluid and Filter and The Key her is to INSTALL AN EXTERNAL TRANSMISSION COOLER before it burns up your transmission .The factory transmission cooler is just way to small for it .

install a Medium size cooler , they make small , medium and large cooler, Medium on your jeep is what works best.

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I put the medium cooler and no result and i change oil of gear and engine and sensors oil
No result !! Catalysator may be make this problem ?

yes if it is clogged up

what is the mileage on it ?

do you happened to know the Fuel trims reading on idle , I can tell you if the cat is clogged if you can get me Oxygen sensor reading & fuel trim reading do you have a scanner that can read live data .

If medium did not solve it , go to the large one ,

Tell me who do you use it , a lot of 4 wheeling ,drive it hard etc ...

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat