Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Not a lot I am afraid Peugeot 3008 2011 33000 miles, problem

Customer Question

not a lot I am afraid Peugeot 3008 2011 33000 miles
JA: What is the model of your '11 Peugeot?
Customer: problem in the mornings engageing into gear when left running and warmed up she was fine for the rest of the day no problems but decided to take it into Peugeot they diagnosed last week needed new battery but no problem in starting the car with new battery software down load and a mini service and new brakepads paid 666 last Wednesday and brought the car home Thursday morning same problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol took it into Peugeot yesterday they rang me this morning computer problem with gearbox cost 3300 to repair
JA: How old are the rotors? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 33000 semi automatic 1.6 diesal cannot get anyone to look at it as they say semi automatic
JA: What year is your ''11 Peugeot?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no left it into Peugeot garage robin and day stockport 666.00 last week now they want 3300 to repair software problem they said it is the mp unit never happened before an dthey have never fitted one before
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's all thank you
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The computer/control unit can fail or act up internally causing this fault here with it needing replaced.This can be common.If they had made sure there are no wiring issues at all to the computer and transmission then I suspect this is the cause here unfortunately with the computer needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete