Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

It won't start with new coil, points and auto cables on, Not

Customer Question

It won't start with new coil, points and auto cables on
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Not corroded but worn out
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 1983 B1600
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, got new battery, new coil and new points and distributor rotor and new auto cables
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It cranks but wings start
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It makes a sucking round as if pumping or sucking something that does not respond
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent inspected the spark plugs to see if they are fuel fouled this should be done.If an issue is found with the spark plugs I would try to clean and dry them and see if it starts and runs then.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your response Me Pete. The car starts now the order of the cables was wrong. But in the morning it takes time to start. It does not start on single ignition as it used to do initially
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Your welcome

The longer start time can be due to a fault with the fuel system with a component like the fuel pump or fuel filter in some cases.If you have not had the fuel system tested this should be done to see if any issues are found.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete