Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

I'm from belgium, I bought a IS250 2006 (GSE20) and I would

Customer Question

HI,
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I'm from belgium , I bought a IS250 2006 (GSE20) and I would like to know if there is an EGR valve, if yes, do youknow how to bypass many thanks beforehand ;)
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?
Customer: 170000 km, no leaks but I don't like this EGR valve, I had a 220d before and I by passed ...
JA: What is the model of your '06 Lexus?
Customer: IS250 (GSE20)
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I'm fixing myself, but I didn't try yet ... just trying to get some info about this ..
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not in this moment ...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 month ago.

This engines EGR valve has a built in computer sensor for the EGR valve position, It is not recommended to attempt to bypass it for this reason, usually the valve does not fail, it gets clogged with carbon from the combustion process, if you will have a fuel injection service done on your vehicle every 6 months you will eliminate virtually all EGR related problems. http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/ebrock63/2012-05-24_140556_2012-05-25_081024.png ,this is a link to input in your browser that shows you the location.Please RATE my service on the rating page, I will continue to answer any additional questions you may have, until you are completely satisfied with my answers, Thank You for using Just Answer.com

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is it possible to have a drawing where the valve is ?

copy and paste this link into your internet browser: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/ebrock63/2012-05-24_140556_2012-05-25_081024.png