Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a BMW 318i n42 engine with a p1343 and a p0015 fault

Customer Question

i have a BMW 318i n42 engine with a p1343 and a p0015 fault code i change the plugs as i found one was faulty it was misfiring and it still is?
JA: Just to clarify, what codes were thrown?
Customer: p1347 at first then after plug change p1343 showing know
JA: What year is your 318i?
Customer: its 2000
JA: Are you fixing your 318i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the cam chain had slipped reset the cams put a new cam chain new cam tension new cv valve on new battery second hand solinods on new crank sensor new intake sensor on i seam to be going from one fault to another
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just would like to have it running again i know its a ol car but it has something about it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had a cylinder compression test done on all cylinders this should be done.If one or more cylinders is found to be low on compression this can cause this issue and it may be that cylinder head valves are damaged when the chain/timing slipped.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete