Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Engen warning light is on I am told that the oxygen sensor

Customer Question

engen warning light is on I am told that the oxygen sensor and quantity must be changer at R14000.00
JA: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?
Customer: yes to boath befor and after the cat
JA: What is the model of your '00 Mercedes?
Customer: 2012 vito
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no but the agent the car must go to has a bad name
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the kilo are 47000
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If this is only one oxygen sensor that needs replaced the cost is way to high for this here.Converted to US dollars is approximately $1008.00 to have replaced or R14000.00.If this is multiple oxygen or Nox sensors needing replaced then the cost can reach this high here but normally for one oxygen sensor to be replaced this can run at the most around R6000.00.

It would be a good idea to get another opinion/hands on diagnosis to make sure of the components needing replaced as well as the cost before paying this much as this seems to high.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete