Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a renault scenic and it is driving me mad. I actually

Customer Question

hi Pearl,
JA: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: I have a renault scenic and it is driving me mad. I actually do not know what year now but it switches off continuously,especially as i am slowing down coming to a stop or robot.
JA: What year is your Renault?
Customer: I think 2002
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The mechanic cannot say. they say it the housing sensor on the filter. i am a women so do not ask me
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: in the middle of the housing pipe.connected to filter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: every mechanic says i must bring the car in but I need my car for work. so if your mechanic is going to say anything different it will help
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

One common component that can cause this type of fault here is an issue with the engine crank sensor.Most engines are equipped with this sensor and this sensor can act up/fail causing this issue.The fault codes will need checked with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and correct the issues here.The scan tool can also be used to monitor the cranking rpm signal when cranking over the engine to see if the crank sensor is the cause needing replaced for sure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete