Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Air con display isn't lighting up, The aircon display, 2011

Customer Question

Air con display isn't lighting up
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The aircon display
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2011 mondao titanium
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing that needs done here is to check and make sure all fuses are o.k. in all fuse positions to make sure this isnt one or more blown fuses causing this fault here.If these are or were checked and found to be o.k. and no other electronics are affected and it is only the air condition display that is not lighting up this indicates that either the back light bulb(s) are burned out in the display with the display needing repaired or that the air conditioning panel assembly needs replaced.The circuit board inside the display can fail and can cause this fault here with it needing repaired by an authorized repair center or replaced unfortunately.MOst shops or a dealer use a facility to have these repaired or to order in a new replacement.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete