Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Second opinion] - i have a 57 reg mondeo 2 ltr diesel when i

Customer Question

Second opinion] - Hi i have a 57 reg mondeo 2 ltr diesel when i switch on the intermittent wipers all the electrics and the engine cut for a split second
JA: Do the other interior lights operate the way they should?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Mondeo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just took out the relay /modual for wipers
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to an issue with a loose or corroded ground to the engine or body causing this fault needing repaired or replaced.If you have not had the grounds checked for any issues this needs done.If a fault is found with one or more grounds this will need repaired.I would start with the battery ground cable to make sure it is clean and tight.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete