Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I get codes P3190, P3191 & P3193 with a Lexus RX400h, Yes we

Customer Question

Hi, I get codes P3190, P3191 & P3193 with a Lexus RX400h
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Yes we did
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: Lexus RX400h 2010
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have checked fuel tank, half full. The fuel sending unit and air induction system
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, Hybrid Battery is fine as we did charged it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Apologies, year of the car is 2007
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, The P3190 means there is a loss of gasoline engine power. This is a very general and broad code basically meaning the gasoline engine did not start when it was commanded to this could because from multiple things including running out of fuel issues with the mass airflow sensor mechanical problems with the engine, the air induction system, the throttle body or even the HV control ECU itself. The P3193 code confirms that this vehicle somewhere along the line was run out of fuel. The fuel low-level signal input the ECU in other words the hybrid engine control computer was met or sent. Essentially it means that the detection conditions for P 3190 and P 3191 were satisfied so it flags this 3193 code to indicate that it was run out of fuel. If you are 100% certain that the tank was not low and did not run out of fuel then this only leaves the issue either with the fuel sending unit or possibly the fuel pressure loss or low fuel pressure which could potentially set the same codes and cause a loss of power

Let me know if you need any additional information on this matter.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi. This answer was already published online on your site. I know the meanings of the codes and checked already those things: fuel tank, the fuel sending unit, the air systems, the fuses, etc. We ran out of options...what else can it be?

have you had a fuel pressure test done and if so what were the numbers?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We did not get any values specifically. we checked with Bosch Software and checked it was working properly. What else can it be?