sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

After when i disconnect batery i get on screen of my peugeot

Customer Question

Hello, after when i disconnect batery i get on screen of my peugeot 407 2.2 "engine managment system faulty". What might it be? Cheers, Pawel
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Its not leaking but I didn't test it. In the morning I wasn't able to run engine and on the evening I was trying to start car with pushing but it didn't help. My friend have give me his battery to run engine and after that, we have put back my battery. Now it's running ok but this information is still on.
JA: What year is your 207?
Customer: It's 407. 2005 year
JA: Are you fixing your 207 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's 407. I'm not fixing by myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many possible causes for this warning. This will display any time the engine controller sees a problem in a monitored component or system in the powertrain and sets a fault code. The problem could be a sensor, wiring, injectors, the engine controller itself, a transmission related issue; literally anything in the powertrain can turn the warning on.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting and testing can be done from there based on what is found.