Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Is a story, Pacifica 2007, Yes we a a repair shop, all

Customer Question

Hi Brad, my name is ***** ***** a long story ,
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: Pacifica 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes we a a repair shop
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: all started with a broken timing belt and the owner took the car to a garage where they did the repair replaced timing belt valves and and also cranck shaft position sensor were replaced. after the repairs the car wound start. the owner came to us for a new ECM witch we order and after that the car did start but did not have sufficient power. the owner not happy took the car to the local dealer were they conclude that something wrong in the engine. but for some reason they wound do the repair. Owner took the car back home. So she approach our shop to have look at it witch we did and found valves not closing good and leaking in close position.
JA: Has the starter ever been changed before?
Customer: not our knowledge
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Have you ran a compression test on the engine?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we open the engine and did the head repair and it was good so far. after the repairs we were faced again with the problem that the car wound start. and it seams that the the inmobelizer is not connecting with the ECM. I,m the owner of the shop and have douwt about this is possible.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

If you scan the computer system are there any fault codes setting dealing with immobilizer system?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
found low compression and to be low on one side and did the proper repair to correct it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i will need to check with shop people and come back to you on this
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Apparently Brad is online so I am going to open the post back up so he can help you on this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Brad replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Thanks for the request!!

I see that you have a 2007 Pacifica but you didn't what engine you have.. I take it you have the 4.0L since you said the timing belt broke.. It looks like you had some bent valves in which you removed the heads and repaired them and now it won't start. Let's see if we can get you fixed up...

• What is the compression of the cylinders?
  • Do you have spark and fuel psi?
  • Do you see a red security light on in the dash?
  • What codes are in all the modules, PCM, BCM, SKIM, etc

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Brad, i was away and back now. First a correction it is 2005 3.5L and the only code that come up now is PO499.
the compression is ok now, no spark, no fuel pressure. when you turn ignition switch to start noting happen.
got the information that the that the previous did repair on the starter motor. Main people and also the local dealer conclude that ECM is the faulty. is a coincidence that the car went to a shop for engine repair and won't start after repairs because of ECM failure. The car came to us starting and driving. Now after the repairs the car won't start again. to me it should be something else.Note when starting noting gets power. let me know your thoughts
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Brad, i haven't hear back from you or anyone else.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
still waiting