Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a vw polo trendline 2009 5 door hatch. my front

Customer Question

i have a vw polo trendline 2009 5 door hatch. my front wipers and screen washers have stopped working.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: i don't know which fuse to check
JA: What is the model of your '09 VW?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i would like to check fuses as i have a circuit tester. i can't find time to take my car in for at least another 2 weeks
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the reverse light stopped working and then shortly the front wipers stopped. like a few days after
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since the reverse lights quit first then these started to act up like this here this sounds like a more in depth electrical fault with a component like a failing body ecu needing replaced.What should be done from here is to have a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and correct this issue here.If you can get the codes read out and post the code info here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Pete. I will try your suggestion. I will let you know what comes off it.