sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I've just serviced the car but thought that would fix my

Customer Question

Andy I've just serviced the car but thought that would fix my very poor acceleration. My dash says engine system service required.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have several things going on and it will take some testing to determine the cause of your poor acceleration. You may just be experiencing a lack of power or the engine may be in limp in, where the engine controller is purposely limiting power because of a failure it is seeing.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes are setting in the engine controller and then testing can be done from there. Have you checked for codes?