Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Greg - My2003 xtrail has just locked me out. I parked it in

Customer Question

Hi Greg - My2003 xtrail has just locked me out. I parked it in the drive and accidentally left the key in ignition switch. Nothing works now - do you know what I can do?
JA: Has the car been stalling out?
Customer: No - it runs perfewctly
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I bought his second hand last year and it has never done this before. Unfortunately all windows are down and rain is threatening
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No - just how to open the ignition again.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the key is in the ignition and you have access to it but it will not turn over and start I would check to see if this is due to a dead or weak battery issue here.I have seen dead/weak battery cause this fault before in the past needing recharged due to the key being left in wearing down the battery.If this is or was checked already and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
THANKS PETE - As it was Sunday here and i didn't get a reply from anybody I did check out the better and it was absolutely stuffed. I jump started it and I have replaced the seven year old battery and am up and running. Thanks , but this web service is pretty useless if you have to wait two days for an answer. Because it was about train and all the windows were down, we wrapped it in plastic for the night. I had a dream that it was the battery during the night and charged it in the morning. Thanks for your help anyway. Ron Hubbard NZ
Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

Your welcome Ron.Glad to see it has been resolved.Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.

Thanks Pete