sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Its a 52 crv and turns over and trys to run but stops after

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: its a 52 crv and turns over and trys to run but stops after a lot of goes i can get it started and once running is fine but once the engine is cold same starting issue its like the auto choke isnt working
JA: Does the engine spark at all? Is there a trouble code or is your "check engine light" on?
Customer: any idears
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am trying to fix it today it does fire up but only runs for a few seconds
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i have fitted new battery plugs air filter and an oil change starter is working fine and engine turns over as it should
trys to start and even runs for a few seconds but then stops.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
well its started but it seems to have an issue just on cold starting
the auto adjustment just after starting as if there is not enough fuel or air
any idea ??
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I you're having an issue only after the vehicle has sat for an extended period of time then I would first suspect fuel pressure bleedoff, either back through a bad check valve in the pump or through leaking injectors.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes are setting. Have you checked for codes?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
have to take it to a garage let them do it
should i change the fuel pump 1st

You can try replacing the fuel pump but that may not be the issue, testing needs to be done to determine the exact cause of the problem.