Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have skoda octavia 2013 tdi and today i lost powwer in

Customer Question

hi i have skoda octavia 2013 tdi and today i lost powwer in engine and losing power while accelarating ..
can u plewase tell me the cos and solution for it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Hello

do you have a check engine light on or any other fault light

can you tell me what engine size this is and how many miles are on the car?

also when was it last serviced?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi there there is no lights on ,as we did dignostic check on it and no fault was shown on it.the engine size is 1.6 car has done 42219 miles it last serviced 10000miles ago..
the problem is losing power while accelrating ...
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

OK in that case

This could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to this are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,
Ideally measure the pressure at the inlet to the main engine fuel pump and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

If both of these are OK then also check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.

If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues and its best to have the boost pressure measured actually measured with a boost gauge to check that the turbo is healthy and that the sensor is reading correctly

Also check all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes, also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the end caps off under high boost.

Lastly it’s also worth considering fitting a new fuel filter as if only slightly blocked this can lower fuel supply pressure and choke the main pump, the pump will be more sensitive to this when its cold as diesel thickens considerably with low temperatures.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how much u charge to repair it
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Hello

I'd say it will need at least an hours diagnostic work to begin with as we haven't yet identified the fault

if you can tell me your location I'll try to suggest an independent garage to help you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i live in horsham, west sussex
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi can u please let me know asap