Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I changed both of my 2006 Odyssey's center door bearings as

Customer Question

I changed both of my 2006 Odyssey's center door bearings as they were shot. No problem on left side, it works perfect again. I snapped the cable on the right side, so trying to make it a manual door as I do not want to go thru the money or hassle to repair it. I installed the new bearing, and cut out the cables so they will not get caught in the operation of the door. I ops checked it and everything was fine for 5 or 6 open/shut cycles manually. After I powered up the van and drove off, the manual side is now locked shut and will not open manually.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 190,000. No. Never changed center door rollers until now
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. I explained that above
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 16 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can inspect and see if any wiring was cut or damaged when you did the manual retrofit to see if this caused the issue of the door locking when the vehicle was operated causing a no unlock fault here.In some cases damaged wiring or disconnected connections will cause this here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete