Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

P1611 - NATS, micra k12 petrol, it don't crank, and

Customer Question

Hello, P1611 - NATS
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: micra k12 petrol
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: it don't crank, and key(immo) lamp is ON
JA: What year is your Micra?
Customer: 1.2 petrol k12, 2003
JA: Are you fixing your Micra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The car is on my wife, I very hard get 12 digit PIN for key learning. When I learn key, program write - OK. The lamp stop blinking - but it is ON permanent. When i OFF and ON again ignition key, the lamp blink again like before this operation
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is important . The P1611 fault code is permanent - I can't erase them...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How I will receive answer?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

You have a internal issue with the NATS system module .

You are learning the key but as soon as you switch off its loosing the code .

This is due to a internal module problem with the back up power ,check that the connection is good remove and clean with contact cleaner ,still having issue then have a new module installed and programmed .

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating this issue .
Kind regards Greg

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK! But who is this module with power problems? BCM, NATS antena,ECU or another?
Can you tell me, what is the function of this marked on the attached picture? Is it only micro switch who give information for key location? Is it available, problem to be there ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry, I had not read the first sentence. The problem is in NATS module. Is it NATS system module, different of BCM? If it different module - where is location of it?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Hi .

The photo with the ring is the Key antenna .

On the smart entrance module you have a Ignition power which is there when ignition is switched on and a

battery power which is there at all times . this wire could be shorted or the module is bad .

Attached is a typical NATS system .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for the answer, but this is not my question. On the picture with green is noted key antenna - right? But with red I was noted black plastic, different from antenna ring, whit two wires. It's maybe 20 mm from key ring(antenna).
When I disconnect wires, the Ecu do not write any additional errors. I think that it is a micro switch, and it "tell" to NATS, key is in to the ignition barrel. Is it a correct?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 month ago.

Okay i will have to opt out and see if another expert has come across this problem for you .

Tonight Jay should be on line sure he can help you .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** wait for Jay...By the way, when I learn the key and the program tells me - operation complete successfully, and the lamp whit key stay ON(before learning is blinking) , the car again don't start(not crank?) .Regards