Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Second opinion] - The battery symbol and A/T OIL TEMP

Customer Question

Second opinion] - The battery symbol and A/T OIL TEMP doesn't turn off when starting 2000 LX470
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: About 4 months ago
JA: What is the model of your '00 Lexus?
Customer: LX470
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It was parked for about 3 mos. Battery (neg cable) was disconnected. Connected battery cable 4 days ago and started vehicle to warm it up. After about ten minutes, I turned engine off. When I tried to start it again, it would not start because the battery died. I bought a new battery and installed it and was working fine until it got dark and rained so I had the lights and AC on and then the car was losing power. I did not want to get stuck in traffic so I slowed with one foot on the brake and one foot on the gas to rev it while I literally crawled home.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Go ahead and connect me.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 2 months ago.

What lights specifically are on at this time? Has the yellow check engine light on recently? How many miles are on the vehicle? Do you have a voltmeter with a reasonable knowledge of how to use it?