Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.

Second opinion] - The battery symbol and A/T OIL TEMP

Customer Question

Second opinion] - The battery symbol and A/T OIL TEMP doesn't turn off when starting 2000 LX470
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: About 4 months ago
JA: What is the model of your '00 Lexus?
Customer: LX470
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It was parked for about 3 mos. Battery (neg cable) was disconnected. Connected battery cable 4 days ago and started vehicle to warm it up. After about ten minutes, I turned engine off. When I tried to start it again, it would not start because the battery died. I bought a new battery and installed it and was working fine until it got dark and rained so I had the lights and AC on and then the car was losing power. I did not want to get stuck in traffic so I slowed with one foot on the brake and one foot on the gas to rev it while I literally crawled home.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Go ahead and connect me.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 14 days ago.

What lights specifically are on at this time? Has the yellow check engine light on recently? How many miles are on the vehicle? Do you have a voltmeter with a reasonable knowledge of how to use it?