Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles
45790705

My 3.0 diesel Phaeton shows "Exhaust workshop" then Engine

Customer Question

My 3.0 diesel Phaeton shows "Exhaust workshop" then Engine Management symbol
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: Serviced 6 months age 120.000 miles
JA: What year is your Phaeton?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Phaeton yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Garage gave 3 codes including EGR lambda symbol and one other which I cant remember. Cleaqring these codes and running it shoed only EGr.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The EGR sensor has been changed but symbol ior EGR still shows nonfeasible value
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

has the egr passages been cleaned, that is a common issue where they replace the egr but not clean the passages .

if he got a scanner and pull up fuel trims ,he can tell if that is the case ,also they can do a flow test on the egr system for low flow

if all that been done and still have egr code , then the exhaust is clogged up , also a scanner reading fuel trims can figure that out

if you get me those fuel trims at idle the long one s & short ones i cant tell you and be more accurate

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician