Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

The vechile stalls when pully away or decelerating fault

Customer Question

the vechile stalls when pully away or decelerating fault code 18 fuel qty adjuser, cant locate which one on the pump
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: pulling away, not driving, light goes off after restart, I checked blink codes after clearing last night, 2000 2.7 terrano
JA: Are you fixing your Terrano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I'm a mechanic, have not done anything in particular, its been doing this for about a year, been serviced often
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 17 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Most of the time this can be an issue with the fuel injection pump or low pressure pump (if equipped) or one or more injectors at fault.I have seen this cause false codes for other components like this here.If you have not had these components checked/tested at all this should be done to see if one of these is the fault needing replaced.I have also seen issues with a restricted fuel filter cause this as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete