Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Pete I did find the junction box little bit open so I just

Customer Question

Hi Pete
I did find the junction box little bit open so I just press it back on. But now I get this code P0451 EVAP pressure sensor performance. When I scan the engine control module and check for trouble code It come up and when I reset it then it disappears. When I scan the Transmission control module then it come's up, but I can reset it. So I wonder if it is only to change oil and filter in the gearbox?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 15 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This code sets when a fault is detected with the fuel tank pressure sensor.This can be an issue with the sensor itself needing replaced as I have seen several fail in the past before needing replaced.I show a diagnostic procedure for this code to pinpoint the cause if you want it just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you Pete
I will like you to show me the diagnostic procedure for this code. Is that also showing where that sensor is located on the fuel tank?
Expert:  Pete replied 12 days ago.

Here is the diagnostic procedure for this fault code here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete