Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

I have a question on the child lock function on a vw tourang

Customer Question

hi! I have a question on the child lock function on a vw tourang 2012 TDI 3.0 The child lock is on, yet the child can unlock the backdoor. Is this a malfunction
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Is the first time my son has been able to unlock the car as he can reach it now. I have been mentioning to VW repair since I purchased the vehicle that the locks with lock and unlock on their own sometimes, but they said everything is fine
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process What is the model of your '12 VW?
Customer: Tourang TDI 3.0
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was thinking of bringing it to vw as he shouldn't be able to unlock the door
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope that's all thank you
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Hi I'm Kevin you are correct this shouldn't happen when child lock is on you should not be able to open rear doors from inside at all

Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Please rate my service