Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist

I have a question on the child lock function on a vw tourang

Customer Question

hi! I have a question on the child lock function on a vw tourang 2012 TDI 3.0 The child lock is on, yet the child can unlock the backdoor. Is this a malfunction
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Is the first time my son has been able to unlock the car as he can reach it now. I have been mentioning to VW repair since I purchased the vehicle that the locks with lock and unlock on their own sometimes, but they said everything is fine
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: What is the model of your '12 VW?
Customer: Tourang TDI 3.0
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was thinking of bringing it to vw as he shouldn't be able to unlock the door
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope that's all thank you
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 18 days ago.

Hi I'm Kevin you are correct this shouldn't happen when child lock is on you should not be able to open rear doors from inside at all

Expert:  Kevin replied 14 days ago.

Please rate my service