Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

My Nissan dualis rev not going over 2000 rpm

Customer Question

Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
2007 Nissan dualis not reving over 2000rpm when the engine is running the check engine light is off
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 20 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 20 days ago.

This is usually a symptom of a clogged catalytic converter. You can completely remove front oxygen sensor from exhaust and if that allows rpm to go past 2000 you know the converter is clogged and needs to be replaced. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
2007 Nissan dualis my car was looking power because of the catalyst I take out the front one clean the back catalyst and now I'm seeing Gray and blue smoke from my exhaust
Expert:  Dan replied 2 days ago.

You will need to determine if it is fuel problem or oil problem, either could cause converter to clog.