Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

E350 2007 electrical problem. Engine starts, headlights,

For Ford E350 2007 electrical problem. Engine starts, headlights, hazard lights, turn signal, backup lights, wipers, door locks all work. Power windows, radio, instruments and interior lights do not work. Checked all fuses and no problems. If I jumper Relay J in the engine fuse box then the radio and power windows work but still not the interior lights or instruments. The alternator charges fine. The other day the interior lights started to go on and off with no one in the car. If I had a schematic of the interior lights and instruments I might be able to track it down. Please help.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this a full USA version model?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
this is a full USA version. The question category was only UK Ford because they didn't have Ford on the list.

O.k.,let me check for some diagrams I will post back here shortly.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It might help to have the schematic for the headlight switch.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've looked over the schematics and can't figure out what is causing this. Can you help?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where is the Body Control Module, BCM? I still can't get the instrument gauges to work.

The BCM or VSM as it can be called as well is located in the passenger B pillar as shown below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lnug8hvls9resds/bcm-10-03.gif?dl=0

If this is acting up it is possible this is causing this issue here.

Have you had the fault codes read out/checked at all to see what codes are set with this issue here using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers?