Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Its on limp mode, my c30 has been at main dealers and they

Customer Question

hello,its on limp mode , my c30 has been at main dealers and they carnt find a cure.many thanks david.
JA: What year is your C30?
Customer: its a 200816d sport,diesel.
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: its done 107,000,and a medium service done around 4 months ago.
JA: Are you fixing your C30 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no its at main dealers.there computer is showing no codes.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: its just had a new dpf fitted not been right since then.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

If the dealer did not check to see if the new dpf is possibly plugged due to an internal poor build this needs done to see if this is the cause here.I have seen some that are built poorly that can cause low power,no acceleration issues if this is what is occuring here.If this was checked or this is not the issue occuring here let me know so we can continue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi, I was told the dpf was a genuine Volvo one, so I thought that would be fine.david
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Even being genuine there is a chance it was built poorly causing this issue here.It would be worth having it checked into to see if this is the cause here since this issue only started after it was replaced.Usually if a fault like this occurs after a component like this has been replaced this can indicate an issue with the component installed or something disconnected or damaged when this was replaced.If you can I would have this checked into to see if it is the cause.If this is checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete