Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Well no power to the fog light and heat in the rear window

Customer Question

well no power to the fog light and heat in the rear window in my passat 170HP 2.0 TDI 2009
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: no power at all- fuse is ok
JA: What year is your Passat?
Customer: 2009
JA: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: test of fuse, test of relay (there seams to be no power t0 the relay socket)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nop
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent yet check for any damaged or broken wiring leading from the fuse panel to the relays and see if any issues are found.If any issues are found they will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hello I am just checking in with you to see if there is anything else I can help with here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.