sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a Citroen relay hdi and the indicators are not

Customer Question

Hi I have a Citroen relay hdi and the indicators are not working. When I changed the fuse everything is back to normal .. But when I go to indicate or put hazard light on it pops again..
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 177on the clock. Starts wicked
JA: What is the model/year of your Citroen?
Customer: Relay hdi jumper on a 52 plate. Van is well looked after. Looks newer ..
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes on my own ..I'm quite experienced in electrics. Ad a hobby can normally sort out things for friends and family... I've tried all indicator wireing seem to be OK I've not tried new hazxard switch or new indi stalk.. Evething else seems to be fine ..
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes the batt light come on when fuse pops..
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The fuse is blowing due to high current draw or a short to ground on the circuit. Odds are you have a short to ground somewhere in the wiring, assuming there is nothing aftermarket connected to the circuit.

The first thing that will need to be done is a visual inspection of wiring and testing would be necessary from there if nothing can be seen. One thing that can be done is break the circuit up with inline fuses, increase the amperage of the fuse in the box and then see which inline fuse blows. That will tell which part of the circuit needs to be concentrated on.

The most common place to find issues in lighting wiring is with trailer wiring. If you have trailer tow wiring I would recommend starting your inspection there.