Gallagher99, Ford senior technician
Experience:  fully qualified ford senior technician. ata registerd. svq level 3 .12 years experience

I have a code but the radio is locked. Just says, LOCKED

Customer Question

I have a code but the radio is locked. Just says, LOCKED with the number 10 under the L on the bottom left.
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: Just bought it but no code in any book
JA: What is the model of your '10 Ford?
Customer: It's a 2005 lwb night top transit
JA: Are you fixing your LWB yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have the code just need to unlock the radio
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 month ago.
Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response ,
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you todayOk the locked 10 indicates the wrong code has been entered too many times
Firstly before continuing we must ensure you hsve the correct codeIn order for me to generate your radio code i will need the serial number of the audio unitMost audio unit have a serial number self read function but into the unitIf you press and hold buttons 1&6 or 2&6 (older units the unit will run through a self test and should run through various displays and display the serial number
The serial number will look like this - example
V015638If you can get back to me with this number I will generate your radio code immediatelyIf the self test function doesn't work and the unit doesn't display the serial number then the audio unit needs to be removed /popped out to read the serial number from the side of the unitAfter we have the code we can
Attempt the last chance code method
This is done by holding in button 6 on its own this should give you ONE last chance to enter the correct codeKind regards ***** *****Brian
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Hi Brian. As your delayed response was so, I had already fixed the radio and did not need your advice. I subsequently gave checked my bank and realised I had been charged £25 for the privilege!! Please refund this and cancel my account as I do not wish to have any future charged attached toy account!!!