Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.

My W124 (300 TD), 1991 modell, has suddently been very high

Customer Question

My W124 (300 TD), 1991 modell, has suddently been very high on the back of the car. This happend also 1 week ago and then it fall down and pipes was broken for hydraulic. All hydraulic flued ran out. Change broken pipes and it looked good for a few days and the suddely when i was driving and strait ground it liftet the back of the car again. How can i fix this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** is a level control valve mounted at the rear of the car near the differential that controls the ride height. You need to have the linkage to the control valve checked and adjusted to obtain the proper ride height. The valve could also be defective and allowing hydraulic fluid to bypass the valve but I would have the adjustment checked first.

Let me know if you need anything else. Don't forget to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for answering your question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you have a drawing for this? Need to see where the control valve and linkage to the control valve is. And how they look like.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Click on the attachment below.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

#7 in the diagram is the adjustment link.