Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

ALARM ON A 1991 RANGE ROVER GOES OFF AND TAKES A FEW HOURS

Customer Question

ALARM ON A 1991 RANGE ROVER GOES OFF AND TAKES A FEW HOURS TO MAYBE GET IT STARED LIKE TO DISCONNECT IT ALL TO GETHER
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: YES BUT THE BACK DOOR DRIVERS SIDE WILL NOT UNLOCK
JA: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: jUST LETTING IT SIT SEEMS THE ONLY WAY TO GET IT GOING EVEN THAT IS NOT WORKING NOW
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TO COMPLETELY DISCONNECT IT FOR GOOD
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately there isnt a way to bypass or disconnect this here to resolve this issue.It will need diagnosed and repaired to correct the fault.If your drivers side back door is not unlocking it is possible the latch itself is at fault and is sending incorrect signals on what position it is in causing this fault here.I have seen this before with several latches that will cause the alarm to go off and in some cases a no start issue.

If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out this needs done to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.This needs done with a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model.I suspect one of the latches or theft components is sending an incorrect signal intermittently causing this fault here needing replaced and using a fully compatible scan tool will help in locating the codes and fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete