sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2011 xc60 panoramic sunroof has a problem, if you auto

Customer Question

my 2011 xc60 panoramic sunroof has a problem, if you auto shut it the roof slides all the way to close position then bounce back about an inch, leaving me with a puddle of water in the footwell.
JA: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive tried resetting it by closing the roof which it does if you dont use auto, and holding the switch forward for 5 seconds i also tried holding the switch when the roof was fully open
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

You will want to close it with the key on then start the engine and hold it for 35 seconds. See how that does. I have attached the factory diagrams for the instructions, at the following link, thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqode9k6csl2xe3/Sunroof%20calibration.pdf?dl=0

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i will try that but my car is push button start.
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

I see, thanks. In that case then push the button and see if it will relearn. If not we can explore other options, thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
just tried , i made sure roof was closed and engine running then held button forward for 35 seconds but still wont close automatically it just bounces back an inch when its almost shut
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

That is all that I seem to have on it, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

.

*******YOU CAN ALWAYS GET A REFUND WITHOUT RATING THE ANSWER AS BAD OR THE SERVICE AS POOR ********

.

.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the problem is still there, but i must say now its intermittent, i went to a volvo garage (braydons) in london and they plugged in their machine(volvo specific) but he could not find the sunroof module but when we tested it the roof performed as it should then the next day did the same problem, its very hit and miss, im just worried i will close the roof and forget its not closed properly and will let the water in.

Was nothing done to try to diagnose it then?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it was plugged into a diagnostics but the sunroof module didnt appear although the rest of the modules did

I did note that.

Was anything besides that actually done? A calibration, physical inspection of the components, etc?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
last night i saw water dripping from the interior light/switch area which i hadnt seen befrore(ive only had the car six weeks)the roof was closed properly and no debris in the runner area, i now suspect maybe the drain holes may be blocked unless you know of another reason, also how do i remove the interior light/switch to check that component?
Its very likely that the tubes are restricted. You can check their inlets and carefully clear the tubes just by opening the sunroof, nothing should have to be disassembled.