Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Replaced seals on diesel pump had a bad leak, now it turns

Customer Question

Replaced seals on diesel pump had a bad leak , now it turns over but does not start, stop light on dash, renualt scenic 2004, 1.9dci. Please help
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Where is it located
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Renault scenic ,2004, 1.9dci
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Spent five thousands rand already, now trying my self, nothing as yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Any advise would be appreciated
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Car start when quick start is used
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set with this issue this needs done.It may be that the pump was damaged or a component on the pump was not installed correctly or is failing to provide suction to pull in the fuel after the seals were replaced and it may need removed and taken apart for inspection and repair.I have seen several pump failures in the past before needing rebuilt or replaced.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete