sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I am finding that my engine fault light is always on orange

Customer Question

hi, I am finding that my engine fault light is always on orange and occationally when it is early in the morning and cold there is no power for about 10 miles then it kicks back in, I also have an Anti pollution faulty warning
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: fluctuate
JA: What is the model of your '10 Peugeot?
Customer: 207 CC the 3 door 56 Plate 49000 miles
JA: Are you fixing your 207 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't really tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the anti pollution fault only came recently and isn't always there, I think I may have caused it by driving in too low a gear about a week ago as I'm a new driver
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is a Petrol
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are dozens of things that will turn these warning lights on. These warnings display when the engine controller sees a failure in a monitored component and sets a fault code. The problem could be anything from spark plugs and coils to injectors, the catalytic converter, an evaporative emissions system issue, any engine sensor, a transmission related problem; literally anything in the powertrain will turn the warning lights on.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes have set and then testing can be done from there.