Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a steering lock malfunction message and now the car

Customer Question

Hello. I have a steering lock malfunction message and now the car does not function at all. I have had the key checked and it is fine. So how may i solve the problem?
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No the key is all fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Saab?
Customer: a 2006 93 estate
JA: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes i am trying to do so. I have tried to access the ignition system
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This fault here is usually due to a fault with the steering lock itself with it needing replaced.I have seen this lock fail in the past before causing a no start issue here.I would have the lock inspected/tested to be sure it is the cause (most likely it is) and replaced as needed.I have had to replace this lock before on several models for issues like this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete