sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I'm having a problem with my 96' SAAB 900 :) I think it is

Customer Question

I'm having a problem with my 96' SAAB 900 :) I think it is the fuelpump or the power to that.
JA: Are you fixing your 900 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked the fuse in the fuse panel on the driver side, and are searching for the fuel pump relay. I opened the metal around the fuel pump under the back seat, so I do have access to it now.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: It started normally until a month or two ago, while it one morning wouldn't start. It cranks and is doing som ignition(it starts for a second) if I use start gas.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Connect me to what? :)
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The cell phone number I gave you is a norwegian one, but I was not able to put +47 in front of it. My number is +47 90081771. But email***@******.*** might be better. Trond.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
A little update: The car just "suddenly" started and I could drive around for 10 minutes with no problems. But as soon as I stopped the engine, it wouldn't start again. So what could it be then? I heard the fuel pumpt under the back seat running when the engine was running.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The first step in diagnosing a no start condition would be to use a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes have set. Have you checked for codes?
When the engine would not start did you test for power and ground at the fuel pump while cranking the engine?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi again... If you read my update on the case, you see that the car actually started yesterday and was running fine. But as soon as I turned of the ignition, it wouldn't start again.
I did see that.