scionking
scionking, Toyota Expert
Experience:  5 YRS EXP. ASE MASTER CERTIFIED/ TOYOTA MASTER CERTIFIED
26789525

The battery was disconnected on my 2005 Rav 4 and now the

Customer Question

Hi- The battery was disconnected on my 2005 Rav 4 and now the sat nav keeps asking to "insert the correct disc". There is no radio or DVD. It is a B9001 Sat Nav.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  scionking replied 2 months ago.

Remove the disc, disconnect the battery turn the key on (with the battery disconnected) and press the brake pedal for 30 seconds. Turn the key off, reconnect the battery then start the car and wait for the insert nav to show up, then insert the disc. let me know if this works or not.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No luck. Just tried it twice. Still the message to insert the correct disc.

and this message remains after you insert the nav disc?

Is it possible when the battery was disconnected that there was any arching, or that it was hooked up backwards after that?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not to my knowledge. The cam belt broke and the garage had to strip the engine down etc. When we got it back the sat nav and radio does not work. The same message regarding the disc and no controls are working for the unit.

I would start by checking all of the fuse, I'm not sure on the specific fuses for this car because it is UK, but there should be radio 1 fuse radio 2 fuse, AM 1 fuse and maybe AM2 fuse.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. I'll check the fuses and let you know if it works.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No luck with the fuses. There is power to the unit, hence the message to insert the correct disc.

And is the nav ecu located behind the display or is it under the seat on this one?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What does it look like?

You insert the Nav DVD into it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In that case it's built in to the unit which tilts and opens in the dashboard.

OK the only other thing I can recommend is that you remove the unit and disconnect it for a couple of hours. While you have it out, if you are able to I would clean the lens on the NAV dvd drive, just in case there was any dust or debris on the lens.