sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

On my corsa van 06 plate after you unlock drivers door with

Customer Question

Hi on my corsa van 06 plate after you unlock drivers door with central locking fob the lock then drops, also when opening from the inside handle the lock drops so has to be lifted any ideas on what could be the problem ?
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: yes changed that
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: corsa 1.3cdi van
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just changed the battery and was looking where to start to see if I could do it myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the mechanical lock linkage springs back to the lock position either when moving it manually or with power locks then there is either a failure with the latch or possibly something in the door is binding the linkage. Water dam sealer, improper assembly or something foreign could be causing the lock rod to bind and spring back to the lock position but it isn't' that likely. The door panel will need to be removed to check the linkage for issues, but odds are the latch is going to need to be replaced.