Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

The error code U0120 appeared. please, No I haven't reset

Customer Question

The error code U0120 appeared . please
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: No I haven't reset it . It appeared after battery disconnection due to other maintenance repearing . the battery light on the panel switchs on after 2 minutes from start. U0120 code means: lost of communication between PCM and generator/start engine
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: it is a Fiesta 1.4 97HP 71 kW engine RTJA
JA: What year is your Fiesta?
Customer: 2010 - LPG model
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it has been replaced the cup melting and injectors cleaning . so the battery has been disconneted and riconnected after the maintenance operating
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just to check how to remove the error code fealure
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect and see if any fuses had shorted out in any way causing this fault here.I have seen where a fuse can blow and cause a communication issue like this here with the affected fuse needing replaced.If this is or has been checked and found o.k. already let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete